Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hiatus

While not an intentional break in blogging I have just been too busy. In my time sans-blogging I have visited home in Colorado for a weekend and worked a bunch, and went to a work costume party. First off hometrip

The night before going to CO some friends and I bbq'd on the beach, watched sailboats/seals and had a mini bonfire. Its pretty cool looking out over puget sound and seeing the sun set over a mountain range and ocean. Who knew seattle was surrounded by mountains and had the ocean too. My shoes still smell like campfire. Colorado was a blast. I spent friday with catherine throwing a huge frisbee around in a park in Boulder only later to go eat dinner with my parents. Friday night a quick stop in with rob and ashley at her(their) house in superior and the day was pretty much over. Sat was spent with catherine doing random boulder things followed by ski team party for 2 hours, then denver for the night. A little bar-hopping then back to jeff's for a nice sleep on a love seat. Parents house the next morning and flight out sunday night. Quick weekend but really good to see these people who dont live in WA.

Work has been hectic. We are currently prototyping and getting the 08-09 skis modeled and prepared for production this fall and its crazy here. I've got a ski test at hood in the coming weeks to prepare for and Im working 12+hour days. I leave the Mt. Hood test to fly to Denver for Adam Foy's wedding, followed by a 2week trip to Guangzho China to visit our manufacturing facility. I'm excited for hood and the wedding and china, an exciting month ahead of me. I'm going to purchase all kinds of clothes in china so I'm packing light, if theres something you want me to bring back tell me. And sam i'll work on getting you your xbox.

This last weekend was k2 costume party fiesta. We partied for a bit at a house before arriving at the bars in our regalia. I dressed as a "mexican cowboy" outfitted myself in womens size 6 red jeans, plaid shirt, handlebar mustache, cowboy boot looking shoes, and bandana. I tribute this outfit to Spoes who pioneered this costume a few years ago. Spoes won the contest of who looked better in it, his costume was more complete. I looked more like a Cowboy Borat. Other costumes included cookie monster, 80's rocker, lifeguard and a few tom cruise's from Top Gun. I'm writing this at lunch and feel I should get going to do my work, i'll add more later.

No comments: