(picture is in front of our factory, taken from the balcony outside the offices) After a long day of working on Saturday I met up with other co-workers, two from Seattle and 5 from China, and we went to dinner on the companies tab. We chose a hunan restaurant I think partially to watch us funny americans eat with chop sticks and eat really spicy things. Tony (chinese guy from factory) did most the ordering and acted as our tour guide, i'm not sure i'm happy with his choices yet or not. We went out to dinner in downtown Guangzhou and saw a whole part of the city I didnt know existed. First of all GZ is huge, people are everywhere and all of them are crazy. I cant count how many times I have seen cars in oncoming traffic lanes, people standing between lanes on a highway while cars race by, and overloaded bicycles moving slowly through fast traffic. Our dinner started with some type of egg prepared local style that tasted terrible. Kind of like a hard boiled egg mixed with what I would imagine a snakes egg tasting like, leathery slimey and full of life. The rest of our hot and spicy hunan meal was delicious and provided lots of laughs to the locals watching me eat.
On our way home we stopped at a DVD store where I bought my favorite tv show Prison break seasons 1 and 2 on dvd, 3 discs in all for $3.50. Now eben and I are back at the factory ready for some rest before a drive to Shenzhen tomorrow to ski indoors and shop for more good deals, I just may get a suit if the price is right. I will post a few pictures here and take more tomorrow for posting in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment