First off because i'm writing this from China, everything on my page is in chinese, and I dont recognize the characters yet, so this may or may not make it to the internet.
We have arrived in Hong Kong after a short train ride from the airport to our stop at
Kowloon.
Its just like I have seen pictures of but never really paid attention too.
Huge buildings holding thousands of people stacked side by side litter the side of the tracks, it feels surreal.
We check in at the Harbor Plaza Metropolis where a doorman takes our bags to our room.
My room is small, has 2 of the smallest beds I have ever seen, there is no view out the windows as they are covered in condensation.
It was about 87degF at 8pm and humidity was high.
Eben and I took a shuttle to Hong Kong from the hotel, I suppose it would be like traveling from Capital Hill in
Denver to
Denver, not a far ride at all.
We walked the streets and were offered suites, jewelry, electronics and massages.
Nothing is cheap in
Hong Kong, and our venturous taste buds will wait until tomorrow, tonight we ate Pizza Hut.
Pizza Hut is not like you know it though. They serve shrimp cocktail, fresh seafood, and of course pizza and pasta. To accompany my pizza I ordered a “Black Cow on Rocky Road.” Basically a coke with a scoop of rocky road ice cream on top. A Hong Kong recipe for indigestion.
Tomorrow we ride the train to Guangzhou to the factory, hopefully they have air conditioning or I’ll have to get lighter weight pants.
No comments:
Post a Comment