Monday, March 5, 2007

Discovery Park


I must first apologize for my laziness this weekend, I really didn't do much of anything and it was all I had hoped it could be. But in an effort to create material for you all to read I forced myself to go for a little hike through Discovery Park here in Seattle.

About 5minutes from my house sits a large open space overlooking much of Puget Sound and Seattle to the other side. Parking my car somewhere between the Native American History Center and the US Military Base I began my hike. Equipped with the wrong shoes and jeans for the journey I walked down trails in what felt like a rainforest towards the coast. Lots of people were out walking their dogs/kids while I was out for a nice little walk by myself. Maybe I can rent a dog for future trips to the park to make it more interesting. On my little walk I found some steep cliffs over the sound and even a water treatment plant built on beachfront property. With the beachfront water treatment plant I also found some very nice homes built on very expensive land. The pictures posted are all from my hike, a cloudy view of what the area looks like. I'll be back to explore this park more, hopefully with someone else and on a sunny day.


I chose this to spend this weekend relaxing around my house. Instead of skiing I chose cleaning/eating/sleeping. I was able to unpack my last suitcase full of clothes into my closet and get a few more pictures hanged. I'm still looking for the perfect spot to hang my prized Colorado flag.

Tomorrow I will be riding a different ferry to work, a much speedier boat for passengers only. I will try and post pictures in a quick manner as well as get some pictures from work to show you all where I am all day.

2 comments:

Kay Hytjan said...

A note... did you know that the Denver Dumb Friends Shelter, on Santa Fe and Evans, lets people come and take their dogs for a walk? You leave your car keys and drivers license, and get a dog to walk. Andy... thought if you really want to borrow a dog, you might check out the shelters in Seattle and see if they have a similar policy. A real win-win for man and beast. Let me know, Andy, if you find the same in Seattle. Thanks for the photos and dialogue... nice.

Unknown said...

Cool Andy. I was in Seattle a couple of years ago for training with Borders. The town is great. A couple of us from training went out one night and wound up a coyote ugly (or I think it was that, but you know it had women dancing on the bar :) ) That whole area was a fun place. Check it out. It was the south end of the city down by the stadiums.

Also, I'm heading to New Zealand in 1 month to visit some friends there. I'm really looking forward to the trip.

Blog is great, keep it up.