Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Work work work work


That sweet desk is where the magic happens for me at K2. Thats right, thats where I work, eat my snacks, and eat my lunch. I hope I get an upgrade at somepoint, really its embarassing sitting at that little desk staring out at all the bigger desks, but it will do for now. I spend most of my time in the press room where new skis are actually made so this desk really works fine for now. The title of todays blog is not only the reason I have not been blogging as much but also to why I will continue to not blog as much. This week I have been on the 610am ferry to work and coming home on the 530 boat. We are entering the season of prototyping 08 skis and I am terribly busy getting new stuff ready for ski tests. Its good and bad, but mostly good. This week will also be capped by Catherine coming to visit thursday after work and staying until early next week. We are planning a trip to Canada to ski whistler and see the town. I havnt been to Whistler since I was in 10th grade and visited Bev and Luke there with my parents. I only remember thats its a huge mountain, Im looking forward to exploring it with Cat.

In addition to exploring Whistler, Cat and I will tour Seattle a bit. I was able to work it out with my boss for catherine to join me on the island monday and tuesday, she will be sorting and inventorying our skis on hand. It will be a great way for her to see what I do all day, and where I work.

The next post will be from north of the border in Jordys homeland, where maple syrup flows like the salmon of Capistrano and mounties check your passports. Since my desk at work is so terrible, heres a picture of what makes it worth it, although I still havnt ridden in it yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your desk can handle the weight of that monitor you have!!! I hope you and Catherine have a great time! Go to dinner at the Space Needle!!