Well last night one of our neighbors had people over as a meet-your-neighbors occasion. Kinda felt like something my parents would have done but it was good to finally meet the owners of the cars I park next to. Awkward silences were broken with "conversation cards" one of the girls had brought. "What band would you most like to see from the front row," I naturally responded with Def Leppard. Meeting others that had moved here for jobs we found common ground in our lack of knowledge of our surroundings and agreed to go see new places together. About an hour into the gathering one of the neighbor guys brought down his fiddle and played some irish jigs. I've never sat so close to a fiddler, he was very good. Reminded me a little of the time I went and saw Riverdance but without all the dancers and elaborate lighting. While I dont remember all their names now, I will be sure to say hello in the street and possibly explore the city with them.
Seattle's reputation is correct. To tell you the truth when I was moving here I expected the weather to actually be nicer than its reputation. I thought maybe everyone was making up a story to keep the outsiders out, well that isn't the case. Today's weather was mixed drizzle with the occasional downpour and mixed dry spells. Its not bugging me yet, so far I'm used to it but I do miss the days of direct sunlight. About 3 more months of this I hear, then a beautiful summer of a constant 75degree days.
Sorry for the lack of coolness in this blog, I cant always live the exciting life and I felt bad letting another day go by of no-blog-ness.
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pink Floyd, that's my band. I saw Roger Waters play the Dark Side of the Moon last October, it was incredible... He's coming back this summer, might have to hit that up again.
What! no beer pong...you're not in college anymore Dorothy! Welcome the adult working world:)
Post a Comment