Thursday, May 1, 2008

just like riding a bicycle

Well its bike to work month, I thought i'd take this moment to remind you all about your impact on this world and just how much good you can do. It really only takes a little to go a long way... I for one am batting 1000 this month, 1 for 1 biking to work. But this is where it ends, I need you all to do your part because I dont think I have that much biking left in me, my little 5.5mile/way ride through downtown beats me up, I get to work sweaty and feeling like I'm going to vomit. Coming home is no different, maybe better because of the afternoon-tune-up i had at work on my10speed '78? Raleigh Grand Prix (dad please confirm the year of this bike) . Racing busses, other bikers, cars and of course the clock to get to work make it fairly stressful. I have committed to my work group biking 5 days this month, this is no small feat for myself. And so I ask you all to bike to and from work so that I dont have to, I cant keep up this pace of 100%, it will be dropping to 50% tomorrow as I plan on driving.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry buddy, I'm not biking 25 miles to work.

rodine said...

Me neither. Plus, I'm pretty sure I'd die due to the crazy drivers, smog factor, gangbangers, or a vicious and unlucky combination of all three.

I promise to bike to the bars at least 8 days though.

Anonymous said...

Well, us here in So Cal are all about our cars... but since you asked so nicely, I agree with Brian and will do my part and buy a beach cruiser to use as my mode of transportation to the bars. Just for you! ;)

Your Sister

Jordy said...

I have a flat, 5 minute bike ride to work. Maybe 7 if the train comes through town. I also pledge to bike to the bars, the breweries and as many parks as possible. I love Fort Collins.

It is sometimes hard to get by the gangbangers though.

Anonymous said...

The bike was bought in 1973.
I've used it's partner in the same way... the more I rode, the less vomitous I felt....