Well I'm back from a quick 2 day trip to Mt. Hood, I've never been this time of the year and it didnt fail to disappoint. We skied under direct sunlight and warm temps the 2 days I was there, no small feat for the PacNW this time of the year. Here are a few pictures from the mountain, this was the first day they ran this upper chairlift and for good reason. You see the trenches they dug, those are to keep the chairlifts from dragging on the snow, there must be a solid 30' of snow below the chairs right now, very impressive. I'll write more of a re-cap later, until then these pictures will have to suffice.
Friday, May 9, 2008
We got snow yes we do
Well I'm back from a quick 2 day trip to Mt. Hood, I've never been this time of the year and it didnt fail to disappoint. We skied under direct sunlight and warm temps the 2 days I was there, no small feat for the PacNW this time of the year. Here are a few pictures from the mountain, this was the first day they ran this upper chairlift and for good reason. You see the trenches they dug, those are to keep the chairlifts from dragging on the snow, there must be a solid 30' of snow below the chairs right now, very impressive. I'll write more of a re-cap later, until then these pictures will have to suffice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment