Thursday, September 6, 2007
Deoderant-less, day one
A special thanks goes out to United airlines for loosing my toiletry bag. When my bag reached me in HongKong a pocket was wide open, and that pocket formerly housed my toiletries. Rolling with the punches I shaved my 4 day untouched face with a single blade available at the hotel in HK. I searched every cosmetic/beauty shop at the train station for deoderant, but it seems the chinese dont buy it. Thinking it was a train station thing i continued on my way and after a search of a few grocery-style stores in Guangzhou I still have no deoderant. I made the motion for "wheres the deoderant" to someone at the grocery store, sort of a shrugged shoulders and one and motioning like its applying deoderant under the other pit with a confused look on my face. Besides a little laugh she said "no here," i asked where and she didnt know how to respond. Another grocery store where I was followed around by women and children and i'm back at my room, deoderantless. Really i should be making a post about my weekend in LA but this is whats on my mind. Jet lagged and all, i'm off to bed, and tomorrow I ask my translator about the prohibition the chinese have on deoderant. Heres a picture of hong kong from my hotel window, adios
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment